Welcome To Smokin J Border Collies

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I've trained working border collies for over 14 years and trialed in USBCHA, WCDA and AHBA events. My partner, Mike Franklin and I work dogs in Calico Basin, Nevada. This blog is solely for the purpose of sharing my love of working border collies. I do not have stud service or puppies available. Please contact me at smokinjbc@msn.com and I will be happy to share my recommended working breeders. If you are interested in teaching your dog to be a sheepdog in the Southern Nevada area, please feel free to contact me.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jane- Sold- Will be going to her new home in CT soon!


For Sale- 6 1/2 year old, ABCA registered female. Spayed, trained on whistles, driving, sheds, etc. Asking $1200- special consideration given to a permanent home where she can work sheep regularly and remain a house dog.

I've had Jane since she was a pup- she's got lots of style and good listening skills. Was an easy dog to start and handle, sheep like and trust her and she is careful at the top. She likes driving and is a natural outrunner. She would be a good teacher for a novice handler, or a reliable helper on a hobby/farm flock.
Jane does well in arena and smaller courses and at home can work long distances where she is comfortable and confident. She travels well, is a well mannered housedog with a sweet nature. Gets along well with most other dogs and is our "cat protector" (read..fun police :)!).
I am selling her because she has not been happy trialing at Open level distances and I think she's too young to be a couch warmer.

Here are two short videos (apologize for the quality and doggy sheep!) of Jane at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment